Stems Points of Difference
There are so many choices for child care and Home Based Child care within the region of East Auckland and Christchurch today. Which service you trust to really understand your needs when helping you choose the ideal In Home Educator for your young child, plays a huge part in the ongoing care and service both your family and the Educator you select receives. To cut a long story short – there is a remarkably big difference between in home child care and QUALITY In Home Childcare. We want you to have only the very best for your baby, toddler or young child.
At Stems FROM HOME we always go above and beyond the standard Ministry of Education criteria for NZ Home Based Education and Care. As well as thoroughly vetted, first aid trained Educators working from thoroughly health and safety checked home environments, we offer:
- NO placement fees, admin fees or charges. Your chosen Educator’s hourly rate/expenses are all you pay – NO exceptions. Stems runs as a FREE community service in East Auckland and Christchurch.
- Our standards are very high when selecting Homebased Educators to work within the Stems team. As a family, you will be able to select from the best of the best.
- A full team of experienced and genuinely passionate In Home Educators who are carving out careers in Early Childhood Education. Most are either qualified ECE Educators or working towards their NZQA qualification with us.
- All Stems Educators regularly attend interest and needs-based Early Childhood Professional Development courses and workshops. They are constantly learning and growing.
- Educator access to FREE training up to Level 4 from the Open Polytechnic with all Educators working towards a pathway of completing their training.
- Educator access to nursery resource support and long-term loan library (high chairs, port-a-cots, car-seats, etc.).
- Educator access to an annual grant to support professional goals from an annual appraisal.
- A clear, individualised learning programme for your child, linked to the NZ Early Childhood Curriculum. This encompasses:
- An individual Daily Activities Diary for your child.
- An individual, online learning portfolio for your child.
- A minimum monthly visit by a qualified Early Childhood Teacher (Learning Advisor) to your child within their learning environment specifically to discuss and plan for their learning with their Homebased Educator. Most Stems Educators are visited/seen by a Stems Learning Advisor at least once per fortnight.
- A succinct learning and development plan saved to the online portfolio after each Learning Advisor visit.
- A follow-up phone call and/or email at least every 6-8 weeks to check in with how the care your child is receiving is working for your family and your child’s development.
- Access to FREE local Playgroup, Music and Movement and gross motor skill development programme for preschool aged children and swimming lessons in terms 1 & 4. (Auckland) and a FREE local Playgroup, ‘Little Explorers’ and gross motor skill development programme for preschool aged children (Christchurch).
- A family-orientated service owned and run locally by Emma and Steph with branches now in Christchurch and East Auckland, with a passion and drive for ensuring your child receives the best pre-school learning opportunities possible.