Children are not casual guests within our home environments. They have been entrusted to us for the purpose of nurturing them and instilling foundations of values upon which their future lives will be built.
We believe that all learning stems from home. Our educators strive to provide a safe and settled environment with opportunities for independent exploration within the home setting. Inclusion of each child is fostered through seamless relationships built upon passions and interests and by valuing everyone as a learner.
How learning is visible at Stems FROM HOME
- By allowing our children to learn, grow and develop in an environment where they are nurtured and respected.
- Upholding the concept of mana tamariki, which makes children the central focus of all activities in each learning environment.
- Valuing diversity.
- Fostering reciprocal relationships with the land and sustaining children’s instincts in a natural, authentic learning environment.
- Providing a well-balanced and varied programme that is based within our community.
- Encouraging open, honest and positive communication and relationships with children, Educators, families/whanau and advisors.
- Taking time to stop and observe the children at play.
- Sharing and learning through a variety of digital mediums (technology).